Friday, June 9, 2017

Second Chances

Within the past year, I have applied, been accepted, and returned home early from an exchange to the Philippines because of a health issue. After everything that happened, I was upset that I hadn't been able to complete my year abroad, and wondered if I would ever have another chance to experience exchange. Well, I am very excited to say yes, I will have another shot at exchange, Thanks to John Crist and International Cultural Exchange Services. I will be spending my senior year abroad in Ecuador, speaking Spanish and learning about Latin American culture.

It has been a long journey since coming home from the Philippines and the island of Bohol. This voyage has consisted of many tearful discussions, unforgettable memories, and countless prayers. I am thankful for all the people God has placed in my life to help me through, and who have prepared me to leave once again and discover the world. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to live in Ecuador for ten months!

If you want to read more about what happened in the Philippines, check out my other blog; http://6758miles.blogspot.com/

Over the course of the last months, my body has healed completely, and I have been busy with other adventures! I have become a bit of a nerd, studying for SAT's and school, but I have also been involved in two plays with my drama class, spent time with the local group of exchange students, and have been hosting an exchange student from Italy. It has been a good yet difficult nine months since I returned, but it has prepared me to face any challenge life throws at me, and I truly believe that I am ready to face whatever my year in Ecuador holds.

Follow my blog to stay updated, and I will share all of my exciting, hilarious, unfortunate, and surprising stories with you!


1 comment:

  1. Elisa, I am excited for you! I look forward to see what all the Lord has for you. I pray blessings over you! Have fun!
    Auntie
    xo

    ReplyDelete