Monday, May 14, 2018

busy! busy! busy!

So, only 45 days left in Ecuador, and time just keeps passing faster and faster! April was by far the busiest month I've had all year, which makes time pass even faster. Although I've been super busy this last month, I'm not quite sure what to write about, but I am so joyful. I use the word joy instead of happiness because it really captures these last months. Happiness is in the moment and can disappear in an instant, while joy builds up inside of you, and can still be found in the dark moments. The amount of joy that has been piling up inside of me has come from friendships, family and new experiences, and I will never be able to express it completely to anyone who hasn't been on exchange themselves. Knowing just how limited time is with the people I love here has made me make the best of every second and appreciate the relationships I've built. 


Now for some of the fun things I've been up to over the past month. Well, for teacher's day here, the school did a breakfast and some students presented songs or poems, and I was asked to say a short speech in front of everyone. I also had the chance to go to a professional soccer game! Me and one of my best friends planned a surprise 18th birthday party for a classmate. I celebrated a host brother's birthday by making pizza and spending the day with family. Last but definitely not least, My best friend's family and I went to hot springs in the mountains. this past Friday i went with a group of friends and on a McDonald's run afterwards . If you can't tell it's been busy yet, don't worry, I have more to tell. 

Me and Mabe at the hot springs
ice skating with Anita 
The last week of April, we had different open houses every day at school. Open houses here are projects that students have to do in each subject and present for parents who come to see what kinds of things we've been learning. The projects are supposed to be impressive, and since there are 9 of them in what week, they are done in groups. To give you an idea of what we did, here's a sort of schedule. 
Monday each group had to recreate one of the 9 circles of hell and present it in costume for literature. I had the 4th circle and dressed up as a centurion
On Tuesday each group had done mathematic games and phisics projects, and had to present a town of Ecuador for History. My group presented Salasacas, which was accidently assigned to 2 groups, and mine forgot, so it was a little bit crazy, but we mentioned to put it together. 
Wednesday, we had to present products we had come up with ourselves for a business class, and chemistry projects that were group specific and canvasses we had painted for art. 
Thursday was the last day, and was the open house for English and P.E. which was a class choreagraphed dance. Our choreographed dance was a bit of a hot mess, but it was fun for sure. 

So even though there are lots of fun stories missing from this, (I will write some of those next time) I hope you enjoyed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment