Tuesday, September 12, 2017

1 WEEK: The milestone... Or inchstone



Well, I've officially been in Quito, Ecuador for over a week... And I realize that as much as I want to,  I won't be able to share every detail of all my stories with you, so I will pick my favorites and give you the full scoop. My mind has already begun working in Spanish on a daily basis, so bear with me folks.

My Schedule... Yes, it's all in Spanish, just like the classes
In this post, I have to tell you about my interesting time at school on Monday. So, there are two exchange students at our school, me and another girl from the United States. When I got registered for school last week (the other girl had not yet arrived), I was put in the equivalent of Junior year in the US, even though this is my senior year. I just assumed it was because I was an exchange student.

On Monday, my bus was late to school, so as I frantically scurried to my class, the school director asked me to go to her office with her. Being a new student and late to class, PLUS being called to the principle's office, naturally I was a bit nervous. But when she began asking me about my age and grade level, I became less and less nervous, and as I peaked the top of the stairs and saw another gringa with blue eyes and blond hair, I realized us exchange students had been mixed up. We ended up sitting there for an hour, speaking a mix of English, Spanish, and, "Como sé dice ___ en espaṅol?"


Once everything was figured out, I ended up being thrown into a new class, with new people and new subjects. Of course this in itself was overwhelming, but what was hardest for me was the fact that I had made friends in my other class, and worked pretty hard to do so. But as soon as we had our first recces, I realized that I hadn't lot my friends at all by moving classes, I had just made new friends in addition to my friends in the other class. Today I had my second day in my new class, and I continue to thrive and make new friends in school.
My friends, even though I had to change classes 
Sooo, That's my story of the day! I've had a bit of homesickness, but only because I haven't done much yet, but that will change soon, and I love it here! Thanks and follow for updates! (Top right corner)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! I look forward to following your journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my Leesie. Thank you for sharing. Love to read everything you write. Love you, Gram

    ReplyDelete