Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The last week of September already!?!

Hola! As crazy as it is, I've already been here for over 3 weeks, and September is almost over! (sorry to burst your bubble) I guess I've done quite a bit this past week, but it's been good. This post will be a day by day run through of life here so far.

THURSDAY: Jordan (The other exchange student from the US) and I went to do some visa things with our local coordinator, only to find you we couldn't. Because we are both under 18 years old, we need even more documents with permission from our parents... Fun! (not) But, we didn't have to go to school and we had fun wandering and speaking Spanish.

FRIDAY: Friday, we had school as usual, which was good, but of course it gets a bit boring since everything is in Spanish. Afterwords, I came home and decided to watch an American movie in Spanish... That was a bit interesting, but I'm happy to say I understood most of it!


The amazing feeling when I understand Spanish
SATURDAY: Saturday was a bit of a roller coaster. At the beginning of the day, I was worried to the point of crying because I had been sick for almost a week, and couldn't help but remember the Philippines. Too make a long story short, my host mom and I prayed, and then we all went to a park that is HUGE and oh so beautiful. After that, we ate at a traditional Ecuadorian restaurant, and then headed home. I'm happy to say that my sickness has continued to improve since my last post, and even though I'm still not at 100%, I'm headed in that direction.

The park we went to seems more like a forest when you're wandering through it.
SUNDAY: So, since me and Jordan hadn't been able to see much of the city yet, we decided to get some advice about buses and head into the touristy parts for ourselves! We made it there safe and sound, and started walking... boy did we walk. we walked up a countless amount of stairs headed up the side of a mountain to take pictures, then walked back to eat, then to the president's house, a cathedral, a park, and then the bus stop. That may not sounds like much, but it took about 5 and a half hours, and it was one of the best things I've done here.


Jordan and I touring the city on Sunday
The prom poster process!

MONDAY: Well, Mondays have never been my favorite, and here, I like them even less, because I have all of the classes that are most difficult; history, Emp. y Gestion (I've been in school for 3 weeks and still don't even know what this class is), Physics, and math. But yesterday we did something fun! Even though prom here is in July, we've already started making posters, and we painted out hands and the whole class put their hand prints on it. We spent like an hour doing it and missed  bit of physics, so I was happy!

TUESDAY: Today! Today was national flag day, and here they have a big ceremony with marching for the students and the senior class doesn't have to go to classes after the ceremony, that means I didn't have classes today! But we were marching and standing in the sun for over an hour in sweaters, tights and gloves. I think if it had taken place in a gym like graduation, it would have smelled like something died. But, all in all, it was a good day, and everything is going as it should be!

Thanks for reading. As usual, don't forget to click the button in the top right corner to follow my adventures!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed hearing from you! I would like to continue to follow your adventures! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete