Tuesday, March 20, 2018

How many days left!?

So, as you very well know, time passes faster and faster as you get older. This year, I feel like I must be getting up there in years, because time is flying by! It feels like a few weeks ago I was stepping off the plane and misunderstanding every other word in Spanish. Now, I can converse better than I ever expected, and sadly, only have 100 days left in this beautiful country. I don't have a specific theme to this post, as it is more of a general update as to what I've been up to and what is to come.


As I've written about before, I have been spending a good portion of my time building relationships with Ecuadorian friends. This past weekend, I spent the weekend with two friends from church who have been on my blog a few times before; Anita and Mabe. As usual, we had a sleepover, and as we have done before, we decided to cook! We made hamburgers and talked into the night. The next day was relaxing, including KFC for lunch, and a movie. In the evening we decided to do something a bit more active and go swimming. It was a fun weekend, all wrapped up by church and lunch with my host family on Sunday.


Other than spending time with friends and in school, I've continued volunteering at an orphanage near my house, as well as spending time with my host family. Some of the smallest things can be the most encouraging and uplifting on exchange, even when you don't necessarily need encouraging or uplifting. For example, one night, my host brother that lives with us had his sons over, who are 3 and 9 years old. They decided to join me while I watched a movie, and both fell asleep on me, and it was such a simple happy moment. I have also babysat the 3 year old, and he has told me to come and live with him, so even though I don't have young host siblings, it sure does feel like I do.

This was a bit of every aspect of my life, but i hope you enjoyed and will continue reading my updates as they come!

No comments:

Post a Comment