Saturday, March 3, 2018

Picture post all about... Food!

As stated in the title of this blog post, I decided that for my 6 month post, I would share some of my beautiful food pictures with all of you! And yes, I actually have been in Quito for over 6 months! Although that on its own is pretty crazy, what's even crazier is the fact that I only have less than 4 months left! After ending every sentence with an exclamation point, let's get to seeing some pictures of food!
This is sugar cane! I was able to try some in the Amazon.
This is a huge lemon that we found in the amazon... Bigger than a normal orange!
A typical restaurant in Quito serves rice, meat, soup and juice
A typical amazonian plate; smashed, fried bananas, fish, rice (separately), and guayusa; a tea indigenous to the amazon with many health benefits.



These taste a bit sour with sweetness like candy!

An entire crab in a soup made with yuca, a common root vegetable here, eaten with chifles (savory banana chips) and something similar to salsa or pico de gallo. 
Caldo de pollo; chicken soup with a boiled egg, potato, and rice
This, surprisingly enough, is what cocoa looks like before they turn it into chocolate. The white part can be sucked off and is delicious! then the seeds are toasted inside the shells, the shells are removes, and the seeds are ground into cocoa powder or paste depending on how hot they are when ground. 
Now, I am missing some key typical Ecuadorian foods like ceviche, Fritada, and locro. I will for sure do another food post once I have taken pictures of/tried the foods I'm missing. But for now, I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the foods I've been able to taste in the last 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment